Running databases with StorageOS
StorageOS offers many benefits for databases, message queues and KV stores:
- Run different application workloads (block, filesystem and shared filesystem)
- Reduce downtime across platform and service providers with high availability volumes and replicas, and reduce cost and operational complexity of application and database level replication
- Manage storage across any infrastructure platform or cloud provider with the API
- Simplify data backup and recovery with point-in-time copies
- Deterministic performance for all I/O profiles via memory or SSD/NVMe caching and data locality
- Secure application data in encrypted volumes, using crypto keys managed and owned by the data/application owner.